Friday, May 08, 2009

Speaking Truth

Job 13:19
Who is he who will contend with me? If now I hold
my tongue, I perish.

Here we have Job entering into the courtroom. Job has been urged by his friend to repent of his sin. Job has already responded to his friend and is now asking for someone to come along side him and agree with him. As Job prepares to go before God in prayer, he exclaims that no one will stand for him, so he must stand for himself.

Being a Christian in America is much like standing as a defendant in a courtroom. Christians are no longer able to stand for what is right and true without their love and compassion being brought into question. Our government is even passing laws to squelch our freedom of speech in order to protect those who would stand against God. As God-fearing Christians we are standing on the threshhold of being imprisoned because we disagree with abortion, homosexuality, and the list goes on as speaking against these issues become "hate" crimes.

It doesn't matter that I have a couple of homosexual friends who could stand up in court and testify that I don't hate them. All that matters to the judge and jury is that I hate the SIN of homosexuality. Yet, please tell me who is going to be imprisoned for egging my home, or calling my children names because their father is a preacher. The truth is NO ONE! The prosecutor's case no matter how weak has already won.

You are probably asking me what this has to do with this verse -- Everything. Christians, we need to stand up. If we hold our tongues now, we WILL perish. We are not far from having True Christianity and Biblical preaching outlawed in America. We must take a stand and speak up for our freedoms now while we have some. I know I am guilty of standing on the sidelines and watching unbiblical laws being passed. I remember as a child taking a day off of school and going to Madison in order to protest and picket against allowing teenagers to have abortions without parental consent. Yet, when was the last time I attended a political rally. Just a few months ago I wrote my congressman for the first time. However, one letter is not sufficient. As a child of God, I must speak out and let my voice be heard for I am not only defending my own personal right -- I am defending God's TRUTH!

Saying, Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach
in this name? and, behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your
doctrine, and intend to bring this man's blood upon us.
Then Peter and the other apostles answered
and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.
Acts 5:28

No comments: