Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Praising God

Psalm 35: 28
And my tongue shall speak of thy righteousness and of thy
praise all the day long.

If God created us to bring honor and glory to Him, than why do we spend so much time complaining about what we don't have, how what should have happened didn't, or some other silly thing. Complaining does not honor God, in fact when others hear us complaining we actually are telling them that our God is not sufficient. Complaining comes out of a heart that is unthankful for all that we have.

David has a wonderful remedy for complaining. In chapter 35, each time he found himself complaining to God about his enemies, he stopped his complaining and turned his voice to praising God. David focused on what God has done in his life, and not what he wanted God to do in his life.

As a Christian, I need to remember that God is not my servant. When we go to prayer and only give God a list of wants and prayer requests, we are not approaching God with the right attitude. We must always approach God with honor and praise. Yes God wants to hear our prayer requests, but he also longs to talk with us. When I talk with my husband, I don't just give him a honey do list each time with talk. We talk about our day, what we are learning, and many other things.

When I am talking with God, and when I am conversing with others, I need to continually be praising and thakful for what God is doing in my life -- even those unpleasant situations.

Do all things without murmurings and disputings:
Philippians 2:14

No comments: