Saturday, May 23, 2009

Psalm 22:15
My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue
cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the
dust of death.

This Psalm is a Messianic Psalm, meaning that this is a prophecy concerning the life of Jesus Christ. This particular Psalm is prophesying the detail's of His death upon the cross. Verses 7 and 8 detail mocking and scorn he received from the people. Verse 15 demonstrates the weakness Christ felt after being beaten, and finally put upon the cross. He is so thirsy that his tongue is stuck in his mouth, and he feels that death is very near.

Psalm 22 is an incredible passage with a very dear message. Christ endured great pain in order to offer me life. My precious Savior came to earth from His throne and lived the life of a poor man and died the most cruel death possible. When I reflect on all that Christ has done for me, how can I do anything else than serve him with my whole heart. My own fleshly desires matter little when compared with what Christ has sacrificed for me.

How deep the Father's love for us,
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure

How great the pain of searing loss,
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One,
Bring many sons to glory

Behold the Man upon a cross,
My sin upon His shoulders
Ashamed I hear my mocking voice,
Call out among the scoffers

It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished

I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection

Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom

To hear this song click on here.



No comments: