Sunday, June 07, 2009

Psalm 51:14
Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation:
and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.


David's heart is heavy with guilt from the murder of Uriah. Here he cries out in pain begging God to mercifully forgive him and remove this heavy lode of guilt. With the forgiveness and mercy, David turns around and sings praises to God and declares His righteousness.

Guilt is a very heavy burden. So heavy it can actually cause physical and emotional pain. The longer one holds onto guilt, the heavier and more consuming it becomes. Individually we cannot remove guilt from ourselves. Only God can offer the forgiveness that brings freedom.

I rejoice in the forgiveness of sin that God has granted me. His precious blood has washed me white as snow. I'm reminded of a song Kara loves to sing

My heart was black with sin
until the Savior came in
His precious blood I know
Has washed me white as snow
and in God's book I'm told
I'll walk the streets of gold
To grow in Christ each day
I will read my Bible and Pray.

Today I walk with a peaceful heart knowing that God has forgiven me of my sins. I know that I am not perfect, and that I will struggle and battle daily against temptation, but God will give me the strength to withstand, and when I do fall into sin, I can rejoice because of God's forgiveness and love.

No comments: