Friday, June 19, 2009

Fearless Service


Luke 1:74-75
That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered
out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without
fear, In holiness and righteousness before him,
all the days of our life.

These verses tell us how we are to serve God. God has delivered us from our enemies, so we are able to serve without fear. Our service to God is also to be holy without spot of sin.

My children occasionally like and want to obey. However, there are frequent times when they obey but continue to argue or complain the entire time they are doing it. I frequently catch myself reminding them that they are not obeying if they don't have a good heart attitude about obedience.

I have very little problem identifying when my kids have the wrong attitude about obedience. But, I have to admit I don't always catch my own bad attitude towards serving God. When I am serving God (which should be 100% of the time), I need to guard my thoughts and my motives that they are glorifying to God. I cannot say I am serving God and submitting to my husband if I am grumbling in my heart about the task I am performing. I cannot say I am serving God if I resent that I have to make a meal for someone. All of this should be a blessing and a joy to serve.

No comments: