Saturday, February 17, 2007

Andy Joins the Family Dinner





One thing I have begun noticing over the past week is that Andy is no longer content in his bouncy seat when the rest of us sit down to eat. In fact, lately he has been fussing to eat about the same time. So today Andy joined us at the table. Not to eat, but I gave him some things so he could feel like he was eating with the rest of us. He really liked trying to grab for the empty sippy cup, and the way he waved the spoons about made it appear as though he were actually trying to get the spoon up to his mouth. But the one thing I noticed the most was how much he smiled during the meal time -- Amazing what the thought of having food does to a person. When Lydia starts fussing all I have to do is put her in her booster seat and she quiets right down -- of course she starts fussing again if I don't give her a snack :-)

By the Way, have any of you noticed the Warnings about Peanut Butter? Imagine, Peanut Butter causing food poisoning -- Who would have thought . . . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like Andy was having fun! Thanks for updating! Glad the surgery went well, we were all praying for you here in SC. If you get board, you can check out my webpage for my radio show at nsmradio.com. mandy

juliechall said...

Andy looks so great! What a relief to have that over with. Your house looks really good too - it must be so fun to fix it up. Things are crazy here as usual, but we are hanging on. Love you guys and looking forward to seeing you in a couple months!

Unknown said...

Andy looks so wonderful and happy! Praise God for the successful and non-eventful surgery!

Hey, I understand your kiddos. I get whiny if I don't get to eat when I'm hungry too! :)