Monday, November 22, 2010

Three Days till Thanksgiving

I know I neglected to post yesterday.  Sundays tend to be very busy and tiring days for us, and so I try to stay off the computer as much as possible. 

I can hardly believe we are three days away from Thanksgiving.  This year has simply flown by, but it also seems like this pregnancy has lasted an entire year.  This is the first pregnancy that I have had where I have been pregnant in every season of the year.  I must say I will be overjoyed with this bundle decides to make his presence known outside of my body.

However, things I am thankful for today include:

** My father-in-law.  While I have never met him, and have only talked with him once on the phone before he died, I am very thankful for the way he raised his children. This Thanksgiving marks the tenth year since he died.  I just praise God for the life of this Godly man.  I look forward to the day I get to meet him.  My kids are always asking about Grandy and what he liked, and what he did.  They also enjoy speculating about what Grandy is enjoying right now in Heaven.  I thank God for the spiritual heritage he has given my children, and I pray that our children will one day say the same things about us.

1. My baby's very strong movements today.  Friday, Saturday, and for most of the day yesterday I did not feel any movements.  However, he seems to have gotten his second wind and has not let me forget his presence today -- thus avoiding a call to the doctor :)

2.  I am thankful for my husband.  The last couple of days my hips have been so sore that it is extremely difficult for me to even walk across the room (rolling over in bed is nearly impossible).  J.A. has been so helpful with the kids and around the house so that I could rest.  He even took it upon himself to schedule an appointment for me with the chiropractor -- so hopefully next Monday will come quickly :)

3.  I am thankful for my waffle maker that I received last Christmas -- I love being able to have Belgian Waffles once or twice a week.  I even found some mulberry syrup we made last year in the freezer, so we enjoyed some fruit on our waffles this morning.

4.  I am thankful for a dentist who calls to remind us about our appointments.  I have missed so many appointments over the last two months, that I was thankful to receive a phone call reminding me that the kids have their appointments tomorrow morning.

5. I am thankful for Pizza Hut's Book-It Program and that it allows Homeschoolers to participate.  This means tomorrow we get to enjoy pizza for lunch before we head down to my parents house.

6.  I am thankful for this blog which allows me to let our extended family members know what is going on in our lives, and especially what the kids have been up to.  I know this past year I have not been very consistent, but I am thankful for those of you who have continued to visit my blog even in my absence.

7.  I am thankful for the opportunity to take a breather tonight and sit down and play some games with my family.  I need to be constantly reminded to not be so task oriented and focus on the more important things of spending time playing with my children.  I know before long they will be gone.

8.  I am thankful for our church members and how they interact with our children.  They always take time to smile and talk and shake hands with the kids -- often talking with them as they would adults and not treating them as annoyances.  The result -- my kids love going to church, and they love interacting with the people at church.

9.  I am thankful for the new garage door being installed!  We can finally park our van in the garage again. (The van got stuck in the garage this summer, so we haven't parked it in the garage in case the same problem happened again when we didn't have the time to mess with it).

While there are two more days till Thanksgiving, I am not going to be able to guarantee a post either tomorrow or on Wednesday.  We will be heading down to family, and getting on the computer will be down at the bottom of the list.  I hope and pray you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and that you will make an effort to focus on what God has done for you.

No comments: