Friday, November 19, 2010

Six days till Thanksgiving

We have had quite a full day already today, and I haven't even had the kids do any schoolwork :)

1.  I am thankful for the flexibility of homeschooling which allows me to be able to plan for us to have off the entire week next week so we can go visit family.

2.  I am thankful for Kara's diligent work today.  She sliced almost 20 apples this morning for our Apple Pie Pork Chops (a freezer meal).  This afternoon she peeled 12 carrots and sliced the celery stalks for our Apple Cider Stew (also a freezer meal).  I really enjoyed sitting down at the table and cutting veggies with Kara and carrying on a conversation with her. 

3. I am thankful for the fourteen freezer meals (five recipes) that are already done up and in the freezer.  We have ten more recipes to make up and freeze which will result in about 40 more meals.  This means that I will have almost two months worth of meals made up and in the freezer for after Gabriel's birth :)

4.  I am thankful for the opportunity to get together twice a month with other moms.  We had a wonderful time trying to catch up on our individual projects and visiting with each other.  It is a blessing to be able to share our struggles and encourage each other to seek after God during this time.

5.  I am thankful for a husband who was willing to spend his evening last night cutting up a roast for our freezer (I don't like handling meat unless it is cooked). 

6.  I am thankful for the blessing of a restful and full nights sleep last night.

I hope you are taking time in the busyness of this Holiday Season to consider the big and little things that you are thankful for each day.  I would love to have you comment and share some of the things you are Thankful for.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, that's awesome about all your freezer meals! And what a huge blessing that your daughter can help you so much! I bet she'll be a big help when your new little guy arrives!

Mary Ann said...

I'm totally impressed by your freezer meals, too! And how fun that your daughter is old enough to help. She will always remember that time working alongside you & talking.
Today I'm super thankful for the fact that my husband & I are both employed & that the Lord gives us the grace & strength to show up every day, do our work, & be joyful. Sometimes the day to day clock punching gets old, but it is a blessing to be able to work.