Thanksgiving is fast approaching, and I am finding I have so much to be thankful for. Today I am thankful for
1. a kind neighbor who was willing to give me a ride home from the funeral. I was able to go prepare things for the meal and didn't have to stand out in the cold for the graveside service.
2. having a successful day of homeschooling despite all of the extra things thrown into this day. I'm always thankful when we are able to get everything done that's scheduled (although I am also thankful for the flexibility of homeschooling).
3. we are able to rent the home we wanted to rent for our extended family vacation to Yellowstone next summer. Also, I am thankful that we were able to get it for a better price than we were originally quoted.
4. a daughter who enjoys music and who today practiced without arguing or complaining. Violin practice is becoming much easier and getting done quicker now that the complaining is reduced.
5. that my kids think they are cats, cows, and horses. If you were to stop in my house unexpectedly, you may find a couple of girls crawling around meowing and a two-year old riding a stick horse saying "Nay", and another boy who will be anything from a dragon (Thanks to "How to Train your Dragon") to a lion. They are a constant source of entertainment. Let me adjust this statement. My four-year old is now a "Hero" with his spider man shirt and a purple flowered cape :)