Monday, August 07, 2006

God's Blessings to Us

I want to thank the Lord for the many blessings that He has given our family over the past week (or has brought constantly to my mind throughout this past week).

  • God has been very gracious to us in providing us with a summer ministry and a house to call our own for the summer.
  • We thank the Lord for all of you who are praying for us while we minister here in Moncton, NB. We can definately see the effects of your prayers for us. Please continue to pray for us as we continue to minister and seek a permament ministry.
  • We have had the opportunity to fellowship with several different families from the church, and we have really enjoyed getting to know them better.

The Lord has given so much to us, and I am thankful for His precious Word. Yesterday in Junior Church I was teaching the kids about God's love for us and how we are to exhibit our love for Him (I John). The kids were really excited about writing a love letter to God telling Him why they love Him and how they are going to show God that they love Him. I was thrilled to see several of the children take the project seriously. Four year old Seth drew a picture of the cross showing that he loved God because Christ died for us. Brendon (I think he's either 8 or 9) started writing and was saying he had so much more still to write even though the class was over.

What a blessing to see the faith of children put into action. I pray that the Lord will give me such a child-like faith so that when trials come my confidence is in Him and not in myself. Why is it that so often as people mature they lose their child-like trust and become doubters of God and His promises?

2 comments:

Debbie Griffin said...

I love the 3rd verse of "The Love of God"--it is such a great word picture of the vastness of God's love! And there's little like working with children and seeing their understanding to help reinforce the concepts in our own hearts! How are you feeling? The big days is getting closer and closer! you're almost 2/3 of the way there!

Tracy said...

Debbie,
I'm feeling great. If I go according to the scale here at the house, I've only gained 6 pounds :-) Two and a half more months -- I can't wait!