Monday, July 21, 2008

Rejoicing in the Little Things



This may seem like a insignificant blessing to many of you, but to me this blessing is HUGE! Sunday morning was a typical morning service for me. Kara sat with someone else during church, and Lydia and Andy were removed from the service about ten minutes into the preaching (because Andy LOVES to talk and fusses when I don't let him down to roam around the church).

My typical Sunday evening services involve all three kids sitting with me, and my trying to keep Andy as quiet as possible while the other two kick and squirm. Last night was an amazing difference. Kara sat quietly beside me the entire service. She even wanted me to open her Bible to Isaiah 6 (the chapter daddy was preaching out of). Since she only had a New Testament I opened it to Acts 6 (I didn't feel like the long drawn out explanation of why her Bible doesn't have Isaiah). Andy sat on the other side of me with Lydia beside him next to the end of the pew. Lydia also wanted to have her Bible opened to where Daddy was preaching from. And Andy was content for almost the entire service to look at the pictures in his story Bible. For the first time in a long time (that I can remember) I was able to pay attention to all but the last five to ten minutes of the sermon with my kids sitting beside me. I am very thankful for the tremendous blessing God gave me to hear a sermon on His Holiness and what my response is to be in light of who He is.

So now it's your turn!! First, blog about how God has been at work in your life this week - it can be a physical provision, a spiritual lesson learned, an opportunity to share with others, anything that was an evidence of God at work in you. Then head over to Jenny's blog and link your post in her mister linky.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

That is so great to hear, Tracy! I am praising the Lord right along with you!