Saturday, July 12, 2008

Pregnancy Update Week 34


I am now entering week 34 of my pregnancy. That means if this baby is like my other three, I only have four more weeks until I get to meet him/her. So far, everything is going smoothly with the pregnancy. I've gained a total of 15 pounds thus far. My goal was to not gain more than 15 pounds, so we'll see if I can keep from gaining any more. My blood pressure is good and stable at 116/64. No other problems have shown themselves, and the doctor is confident in saying that there is no evidence of a cleft in this baby.

I can already tell that Baby Sammy is going to be quiet active and strong. I am sure that if you were to turn my stomach inside out every thing would be black and blue from the strength of the kicks. Activity is slowing down a little bit; but when the baby gets moving, it can be painful. While I experienced quite a bit of heartburn early on in the pregnancy I have not had to suffer any lately. So, if the wives tales are true maybe I'll finally have a bald baby :) For those of you who don't know, Lydia was born with her hair already past her shoulders. And Kara and Andy both had a decent amount of hair when they were born also.

My next Doctor's appointment will be Wednesday. This appointment begins my weekly visits and I get to enjoy the wonderful Strep Test :P (said quiet sarcastically).

As far as preparations for the baby go, we still have a lot to do. While we have a couple of options on baby names we have not yet decided on a name. I really want the baby to have a good strong Bible name, but I don't like names that are very common (like david, daniel, mary, sarah). If you have any ideas for either a boys name or a girls name, I would love to here them.

I would also like to know whether or not you think we are having a boy or a girl. Below are a couple of pictures so you can see how I'm carrying the baby.

Prayer Request: We have Vacation Bible School in three weeks. Please pray that baby decides to wait until VBS is over before meeting the outside world.

1 comment:

Momto5 RachelJoy Photography said...

let's see... I think you will have a BOY and you could name him....... um. well I like Joshua and Benjamin cause both are so cute with "Joshy" and "Lil BEn".. hahaaa.....