Saturday, March 17, 2007

Happy St. Patricks Day


Yes, I know St. Patrick is claimed by the Catholics, but in all of my research, nothing links Patrick to catholocism. Therefore, I thought today would be a fun day to celebrate with the girls. So, I declared it a green day. Everything was green from the milk in their cups to their coffee cake to their clothing for the day. I even picked up a couple of green carnations (artificial) from the dollar store to give each of the girls -- Kara planted hers in her garden, but I'll save that for another post.
Here are the pictures from our celebration.

Kara and Lydia at breakfast with their carnations, green milk, and green food.


I made a fruit pizza for the first time, and I am really excited about how easy it was and how well it turned out even with being turned green.

JA and a couple of men from the church have had another task they've been workign on for the past couple of days. We have a wonderful fenced in back yard, but right next to the back of the house there is a stairway going down to the lower level of the house (which is nice). However, the stairwell was level with the ground something that has made me very nervous about allowing the girls to go outside and play w/o supervision (I just have these visions of one of the girls running, falling over the edge and banging her head open on the cement steps). So, the men have been building a wall around the stairwell for us.



I'm hoping to maybe plant some ivy or some climbing roses in front of the trellis. I'm not sure how well they will grow, but it's worth a try (our backyard has limited patches of grass growing, so if grass doesn't grow I'm hesitant to know what will.).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love all the green stuff for St. Patty's day! I'm sure there are lots of non-catholics that celebrate St. Patty's day.

Our backyard sounds like yours. We've got patches of green but I think even the patches are weeds and not grass. :(