Thursday, May 06, 2010

Happy Birthday J.A.


In the ten/eleven years that I have known my husband, I just continue to be amazed by his godly attitude. He is continuously directing my eyes upward to my Lord. Today, my awesome husband turns 33! While I have yet to throw him a cool birthday party like my kids (Do you think he would like a GI Joe party :), J.A. supports me in every endeavor I undertake.

He has been an incredible father to our four children, and they each love him immensely. One of the first things we hear in the morning (besides our resident woodpecker) is Ezekiel calling out for Daddy to open the door and let him out of his room. All four kids love pouncing on top of daddy and rolling around on the floor. He also takes time to have them help him on various projects around the house, and he takes an active part in their activities.

Let me tell you a few fun facts about my husband. When he is being goofy he loves to say he wants a car with purple lightening bolts on it. He absolutely loves listening to Patch the Pirate and Adventures in Odyssey. His favorite song to sing in the morning is from This is the Army -- "You Gotta Get Up this Morning." (to which my typical response involves "Someday I'm going to murder the Bugler.")

JA also loves to go hunting, and he is looking forward to getting back into bow hunting (if I can ever find a reasonably priced bow, so if any of you have one you are wanting to get rid of, please let me know).

One thing I love about JA is that he would climb the mountains for me, he adores me in a way that every girl longs to be adored.

He certainly has achieved first place in my heart.

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

So sweet! Happy Birthday, JA!

juliechall said...

Happy Birthday JA! Let us know if you do the JI Joes party....I think we could come up with some costumes :) Hope you had an awesome day!

Carrie said...

What a fun and sweet post for JA's birthday--I enjoyed reading it! And I LOVE that picture of the two of you at the top of the post--you're such a cute couple! :) Happy Birthday, JA!