Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Clear Distinction

Exodus 11:7
But against none of the children of Israel shall a dog move
its tongue, against man or beast, that you may know
that the Lord does make a difference between the
Egyptians and Israel.

A first glance at this verse would cause a person to just skip doing an in depth study because it clearly has nothing to do with a person's speech. But this verse decrees a type of peace that is uncommon. Have you ever laid in bed at night and heard dogs barking at night? Very little noise is needed to stir up a dog and get a dog barking. Yet, as the Lord explains to Moses that on the night when the Egyptians will be bewailing and mourning the death of their firstborns, not even the dogs would bark at the Israelites.

This verse is giving Israel a peace and security that God is protecting them and will keep His promise of deliverance. And yet He is also making a clear distinction between His people and the heathen Egyptians. As I read this verse and thought about the context of today, I am reminded of the many preachers and leaders in our country and around the world who are proclaiming "Believe what you want to believe, and as long as you are sincere God will bring you into heaven." How wrong and misleading these leaders are. It saddens me to think of the many people in our world who are blinded by this human idea and have been given a false view of God.

I serve a holy God.
Le 19:2 Speak unto all the congregation of the children of
Israel, and say unto them, Ye shall be holy:
for I the LORD your God am holy.
Because God is holy His character demands specific things. The only way God can even see me is if my sin has been covered by the blood. In the Old Testament, Israel was required to offer a perfect lamb as a blood sacrifice to cover their sins. Jesus Christ, the only man to walk this earth and NEVER commit a sin was sacrificed on the cross. His blood has covered and cleansed my sin. The book of Romans says that If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead thou shalt be saved. Clearly a person cannot be saved unless they truly believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ. The book of John states that Unless a man be born again, he cannot enter the kingdom of heaven.

You see, God makes a very clear distinction between those who have been born again and those who are spiritually dead.

I also must be very clear when I am speaking with others that I express the distinction God makes between believers and unbelievers. Most of the people in my small town are religious. Unfortunately, many have been raised to believe that if they attend church on Sunday, participate in church activities (as long as it doesn't interfere with their normal life), and give money to help people in need than they will have a free pass into heaven. However, God's holiness is mocked when we try to earn or work our way to heaven. If we could earn our way to heaven than what purpose did Christ's death serve? Salvation is in none other than Jesus Christ.

I urge you if you have been trying to work your way to heaven, please turn to Christ. This website will help explain better. Or you can leave a comment and I will respond to you.

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man
Christ Jesus; I Timothy 2:5

In regards to yesterday's post, I want to thank those of you who were praying for me. I went to the workshop this morning with the intent to talk with someone. However, by the time I introduced myself to the lady sitting beside me and she told me what she did, the workshop started. I ended up having to leave before the workshop was over so the opportunity to share Christ did not arise. Please continue to pray for me that I will seek out other opportunities and have the boldness to share.

No comments: