Thursday, August 14, 2008

Pregnancy Update Week 38

Last week when I went to the doctor, my blood pressure had jumped to 136/85. This was the highest my blood pressure has ever been. Typically it hangs out around 116/60. Yesterday I went in for my appointment at 38 weeks and was very pleased to see that it had dropped down to 122/80. I presume that the sudden spike in my BP was because I was 37 weeks pregnant on my feet a lot working with Vacation Bible School, and the weather for the week was 100 + degrees. The drop in my BP was certainly a relief to me.

Another item from my checkup is that it appears this baby is going to take it's time coming. Tomorrow is the 10 day early mark (at which all three of my other children were born). However, at this point in time I have only dilated 1 cm, and am no where close to going into labor. Now I realize that things can change quickly and I only have three previous births with which to compare. I have resigned myself to the fact that this baby is perfectly content to stay put a little bit longer than Kara, Lydia, and Andy were.

My weight gain is up to 20 pounds -- so much for trying to keep it below 15. However, I must admit that my intense cravings for chocolate over the past three weeks is certainly the cause of my extra five pound weight gain.

Kara is currently very eager to meet her new baby brother or sister. Lydia has recently been talking about Sammy more frequently, and Andy remains clueless other than pointing to my tummy and saying Belly. JA and I are also very eager to meet our newest child, so I can guarantee that my typically loving and caring husband is going to be walking me all over creation this next week in order to try to get Sammy to come.

Well, that is it for the update. My next Dr. Appointment is next Wednesday and at this point the Dr. says he won't even talk about induction until after my due date. So I guess all I can do now is wait -- and grin and bear it as JA wears me out walking :)

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I'm with you on craving chocolate like crazy lately..and it's showing. I've gained 30 this pregnancy so far...with a month still to go