Monday, February 22, 2010

Choir

Well, this is the first time in the last six weeks that Kara and I have been home on a Sunday afternoon. This past month Kara and I had the privilege to sing in a community Christian choir. I have to say I am amazed at how well Kara did, and shocked at how much I missed singing and delighted at the vocal workout I faced each Sunday.

For the past two years, I turned down the request to join the choir. This year a trusted friend convinced me to give it a try (I guess she thought my two year hermitage needed to come to an end :) ). Not knowing how Kara would do sitting on a pew for two hours singing and listening to a choir director, we decided to give it a try. The truth -- Kara LOVED it. My sweet girl has always loved singing. In fact, she probably spends a good 1/4 of the day singing or making some kind of music. She has always enjoyed making up her own songs. While she didn't always know where we were in the hymns when we were singing together as a choir, and she wasn't always able to keep up or figure out the time signature, she did learn the words, and the messages of the song.


The last two weeks were the concert, and we did video the first concert, so I will try to get it uploaded to YouTube and then linked on my blog. I will miss the choir, but Kara and I are already excited about next year, and who knows - maybe Lydia will be reading by then and able to sit still long enough to enjoy the choir also :).

If you want to see photos of our month, please click this link.

No comments: